Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A WORKABLE MS. AT LAST

A WORKABLE MS. AT LAST

Last weekend I d concluded my task of sorting out intermingled pages of my ancient science fiction novel and  now have two manuscripts of the 1974 version, one of the original, the other of a carbon copy.  A few pages are missing from each manuscript, but I believe I know elsewhere to look. If I can’t locate the three pages missing from the original typed manuscript, I’ll have to improvise those sections. As you may recall, I originally wrote the novel in 1964 and early 65. Fearing that I had not honed my writing skills enough, I did not submit the novel to any publisher but rewrote it in 1974. By then, it had become so long that I decided no publisher would at a book of 350 odd pages sent by a first-time writer. Hence, I had hoped my Harpe brothers novel A WILDERNESS OF TIGERS would gain attention, and I could get the science fiction novel published. But during that 80s and 90s most publishers decided not to publish fiction. Hence I had a hard time getting anyone to look at WILDERNESS.  Then  self-publishing became respectable and took off like a rocket to the moon. I published WILDERNESS and fresh novels.  Thus I’m finally getting around to going back and printing my effort long ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment