Sunday, November 13, 2016

My Novel on Eliot Ness as a Christmas Present?

The Ness Novel
All three of my novels should be ready well before Christmas. But I am somewhat reluctant to recommend the Ness novel as a gift for someone repelled by fictional violence. This novel rivals my WILDERNESS OF TIGERS, my fictional portrayal of Kentucky's villainous Harpe brothers,perhaps the county's first serial killers--in bodies and violence. When I wrote WILDERNESS, I doubted that I would come across a killer as merciless as they, but the then in reaching the second version of my ELIOT NESS AND THE UNTOUCHABLES, i found that new evidence had been found concerning a still officially unsolved series of murders that occurred when Ness was public safety director of Cleveland. Immediately I knew a book was at hand. I might add that I describe none of the historical murders but do graphically portray their results.

No comments:

Post a Comment